Nominations are now being received for The Union Awards. The awards honour outstanding contributions to lung health and are an important and valued way to recognise the work being conducted across the globe. We will acknowledge and reward a broad spectrum of exceptional candidates, including health workers, young researchers, lifetime achievers, Union members, and community organisations. Depending on the award, the winners may receive a cash prize and/or a full fellowship/complimentary registration to attend the Union World Conference.
The nomination process is easy, with each participant being able to make multiple nominations for any of the awards below, with the exception of the Union Medal and Honorary Membership, which are for Union members only. Self-nomination is not permitted in any of the categories.
Nominations are now open for the following prizes:
- The Union Young Investigator Prize: Acknowledges a researcher for work in lung health published in the past five years, when aged 35 years or younger.
- The Union Scientific Prize: Acknowledges researchers at any stage of their career for work in lung health published in the past five years.
- The Karel Styblo Public Health Prize: Acknowledges a health worker or a community organisation for contributions to tuberculosis (TB) control over a period of ten years or more.
- The Stephen Lawn TB-HIV Research Leadership Prize: Acknowledges young researchers conducting promising work focused on reducing the disease burden of TB and HIV/AIDS in Africa.
- The Princess Chichibu Global Memorial TB Award: Recognises outstanding contributions to global TB control. Awarded by the Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Association (JATA). For this award, the call for nominations is for award in 2021.
- The Union Medal – for members only: Awarded to members who have made an outstanding contribution to the control of TB or lung health by their scientific work and/or actions in the field.
- Honorary Member – for members only: Granted to a person who has become distinguished through active participation in The Union’s activities and the fulfilment of its goals.
Submit a nomination
Any queries should be sent to email@example.com for the scientific prizes and to firstname.lastname@example.org for The Union Medal, Honorary Members and Princess Chichibu Award.